Welcome to BFTF 2015
Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellows Summer Institute (BFTF) to be held June 27-July 25, 2015 on the campus of Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
10 U.S. Fellows (aged 16 to 18) will join 36 international Fellows from Europe to take classes in International Diplomacy, Media and Journalism, Global Problems, Democracy, and Civic Education. Over the course of the institute, fellows will meet with US diplomats and politicians, scholars, and journalists. Fellows will participate in debates, practical workshops, and seminars. They will also learn how to organize and participate in community service activities.
The Institute cultural program includes trips to Indianapolis, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Washington. The program also includes an International Culture Night, talent show, 4th of July picnic, shows and concerts, movie nights and sporting events. All Fellows will receive scholarships that will cover ALL EXPENSES related to BFTF, including:
- Institute tuition
- Meals and incidentals
- Books and study materials
- Admission to museums and shows
- All trips that are included in the Institute program
BFTF Purdue Forms:
- Pre-Departure Guide
- Medical Information Form (has to be filled out by a Fellow and parent/guardian)
- Statement of Responsibility (signed by a Fellow and parent/guardian)
- Participant Concent and Release Form (signed by a Fellow and parent/guardian)
- Visitor Request Form (if awaiting any visitors while at Purdue University)
- Participant Information Sheet (filled out by a Fellow)
All the forms must be emailed to Dr. Asta Balkute email@example.com or faxed at +1 765 496 2210 (attn: Asta Balkute) by June 1st, 2015.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 765-496-3335