We aspire to collaborate on issues associated with the teaching and learning process by linking theory and practice in a wide variety of educational contexts. We value community, collaboration, diversity, inquiry, and reflection.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Preparing education professionals for school, community, business, and government
- Providing educational experiences, built upon a common core of research and foundational knowledge, through innovative, coherent programs that include: diverse and field-based experiences, the infusion of technology, the integration of content and pedagogy, and ongoing assessment
- Fostering university-wide collaboration
- Reflecting diverse and international perspectives
- Engaging in teaching, inquiry, scholarship, service, and outreach activities
The department seeks to promote the goals and objectives of the College of Education strategic plan. In addition, graduate program areas have developed strategic plans for their programs.